A Letter to My Brother, My Best Companion

Sunday, January 24, 2016



Dear Kebo,

Soon you will be a husband to someone really special. Soon we will welcome your one and only into our large family. Soon you will have your own family. I want you to know that we are all very excited and happy for you. I for one am very proud of you.

This is a letter from a brother who will always be thankful for having you in his life.

22 years ago you were born when I was just one-year old (depriving the attention that I should have gotten, thanks haha). You came to this earth destined to be my friend, my companion and my little brother. I still remember how we used to play together with Efan and Fani (my other siblings), watch TV together, race toy cars on the wall, act out The Lion King with couches, fight and scream at each other, study (or at least looked like we were) in the same room, battle for the bedside closest to the wall (because we were scared of the dark, I still am though), invent new languages that only we can understand and exhaustive list of other things for another 10 years. Those are all good old memories.

As you experienced yourself, our family had moved quite a lot when we were younger. To be honest, it was pretty hard for me and I assume for all of us because we were constantly trying to make new friends. So I think I didn't really get the chance to be really close to any of my friends. But in the back of my mind, I knew that I could rely on you whenever I needed support. You have always been there to listen to my endless complains, to help me when I needed you, to talk to me when I needed someone to talk to, to hangout with when I felt lonely. It is fair to say that probably you are the closest one I have when I grew up. It is also fair to say that you understand me more than most people.

It is funny to think how fast time flies. I know that we are both different in so many ways. Our interest, taste, hobbies, characters are all at the opposite end of each other. Also, people always thought that you are the older one maybe because you are taller (and probably older looking haha). There were times that we fought and we argued but it wasn't any different from any other families. Although the environment around us will change after this, hopefully we will still remain the same. Damn, I am starting to feel old now.

Bro, while life is great and colourful, I know it has not always been so easy to you. There were many experiences that you had gone through that are not necessarily wonderful. But you know what, those are the things that what will shape you and make you stronger. They develop you and make you a better person. These challenges will never go away but I know that as long as you are breathing, you will fight. No matter how hard it gets, you fight. Never stop believing in yourself.

I just want to make this letter short and simple. Even though you are not so little any more but you are still my little brother, so I still demand some respect haha. Wishing you all the best and please cut off that curly ugly hair.

Peace.

Yours,
Along

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Izz is interested to hear what you think :) Anything!

Send Izz an email

For any comments and enquiries: izzuddin.nor92@gmail.com

Subscribe